Documentation Required for Registration of Students New to the District:
Proof of Residence
The following is a list of documentation that may be used to establish a student's residency. The list below provides guidance regarding the sufficiency of documentation that may be submitted by a parent/guardian.
You must provide at least one (1) document from each of the three (3) areas below. Upon review of the Superintendent’s designee, further documentation may be required.
Type 1 - Proof of Parent or Guardian Identity (Documentation must be valid as of date of submission to District - drivers license, passport, must contain CURRENT address on the document)
- State-Issued Driver’s License; or
- State-Issued Non-Driver’s Identification
Type 2 - Proof of Residency and Supporting Documentation
- Tax Bill for Residence;
- Parent/Guardian’s billing address on tax bill must match residence. Otherwise, parent/guardian must provide additional supporting documentation for proof of residency.
- Executed Lease or Rental Agreement (Lease must be up-to-date - an expired lease or an unsigned lease is not a valid proof of residence);
- Lease or Rental Agreement must include Landlord’s name and contact information and must be signed by all parties (i.e. phone number).
- If Agreement does not include such information, parent/guardian must provide Landlord's name and phone number for verification purposes.
- HUD Papers; or
- Closing Statement for Residence.
TYPE 3: The District will also require one of the options below as verification of Supplemental Residency Documentation (dated within the past 30 calendar days); at times, more than one may be requested:
- Utility Bill listing residential address and billing address;
- Car Registration;
- Government benefit Document;
- Notarized Statement from Landlord; Phone Bill
- Payroll Stub; or
- Other documentation determined by the District to prove residency.
Other Documents Needed for Student Registration:
- Original birth certificate
- Immunization record from your child’s physician should be given to the school nurse within 14 days of the child's first day of school. Please contact your child's school nurse with questions.
- Report card from previous school (please note that High School registrants need a transcript of all HS credits from grade 8-12)
- Custody papers (if applicable)
- Copy of IEP or 504 plan (if applicable)
Parents are required to fill out the following forms for Registration:
- New student Registration form
- Home Language questionnaire
- Records request form
- Health appraisal form and dental form will be provided and must be completed by a New York State physician. These should be given to the school nurse with 14 days of the child's first day of school. Please contact your child's school nurse with questions.