COVID-19 Health Forms for Parents
Updated: March 3, 2022
Information is fluid and this information is updated as requirements and mandates change.
Quarantine for COVID-19 Positive Individuals:
- The quarantine period for a positive COVID student or adult, regardless of vaccination status, is five days, as long as you meet the following criteria:
- Isolate for 5 days, where day 0 is the day of symptom onset or (if asymptomatic) the day of collection of the first positive specimen.
- If asymptomatic at the end of 5 days or if symptoms are resolving, isolation ends and the individual should wear a well-fitting mask while around others for an additional 5 days.
- Individuals who are moderately-severely immunocompromised should continue to follow standard (i.e., not shortened) Isolation Guidance.
- Individuals who are unable to wear a well-fitting mask for 5 days after a 5-day isolation should also follow standard (i.e., not shortened) Isolation Guidance.
Return-to-School Protocol with COVID-19-like Symptoms:
According to the Commissioner's determination issued pursuant to 10 NYCRR 2.62, all school students, teachers, and staff with new or worsening symptoms of COVID-19 must be excluded from school, regardless of vaccination status, and either:
- provide a negative COVID test result, or
- remain excluded from school for a minimum of 5 calendar days from symptom onset, prior to returning to school.
If a student's symptoms are improving AND they are fever-free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medicines, they may return to school with either a note from the healthcare provider indicating the test was negative OR a copy of the negative test result.