Hiring a new Superintendent is one of the most important responsibilities of a Board of Education. The Orchard Park Central School District Board of Education is committed to conducting a thorough and professional search that will result in the selection of an outstanding Superintendent who will continue to “give our students the vision to reach for the stars.”
The Board will be relying on the services of Dr. David O’Rourke, District Superintendent at Erie 2 BOCES as the search consultant to assist the Board with the search process.
This page with be updated with more information as we move forward with the search.
Application for the Position of Superintendent of Schools for the Orchard Park Central School District
Superintendent Search Timeline
- Vacancy Brochure published - by Friday, February 19, 2021
- Application deadline - Friday, March 19, 2021
- O’Rourke and his staff to meet with Orchard Park CSD interview team members - Wednesday, March 31, 2021
- Board of Education conducts preliminary interviews - Tuesday, Thursday & Friday April 13, April 15, and April 16, 2021
- Final interviews conducted by Board Interview teams - Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday May 3, May 5, and May 6, 2021
- Board meeting to appoint Superintendent of Schools - on or before June 1, 2021
- New Superintendent to assume duties - on or about July 1, 2021
January 2021 letter from the OPCSD BOE to the Orchard Park Community
Below please view a letter from the Orchard Park Central School District Board of Education to the Orchard Park Central School District community in regards to the search for our next Superintendent.