Welcome to the Orchard Park Central Schools District. We are always excited to welcome new students to the District! Please read through the information below if you have moved into the district.
New Students (Registration by Appointment Only)
Registration is done by appointment only, you must call and make an appointment prior to arriving at the district office. You must be a resident of the district to attend school in Orchard Park. All completed registration forms must be brought with you to the appointment. Please contact Amanda Alba, the Central Registrar, at 209-6325 (or contact her via email at firstname.lastname@example.org) to make an appointment. The Central Registrar office is located in the Administration Building, 2240 Southwestern Blvd., West Seneca NY 14224.
K-12 Registration packets are available in the Central Registrar's Office by calling ahead to make an appointment to pick up a packet. Available appointment times are Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. You must call prior to stopping in to make sure the someone is available to assist you. You may also download the necessary forms below. Families new to the District should register their child/children as soon as possible.
Documentation Required for Registration of Students New to the District:
Proof of Residence
The following is a list of documentation that may be used to establish a student's residency. The list below provides guidance regarding the sufficiency of documentation that may be submitted by a parent/guardian.
You must provide at least one (1) document from each of the three (3) areas below. Upon review of the Superintendents designee, further documentation may be required.
Type 1 - Proof of Parent or Guardian Identity (Documentation must be valid as of date of submission to District - drivers license, passport, must contain CURRENT address on the document)
- State-Issued Driver’s License; or
- State-Issued Non-Driver’s Identification
Type 2 - Proof of Residency and Supporting Documentation
- Executed Lease or Rental Agreement (Lease must be up-to-date - an expired lease or an unsigned lease is not a valid proof of residence);
- Lease or Rental Agreement must include Landlord’s name and contact information and must be signed by all parties (i.e. phone number).
- If Agreement does not include such information, parent/guardian must provide Landlord's name and phone number for verification purposes.
- Tax Bill for Residence;
- Parent/Guardian’s billing address on tax bill must match residence. Otherwise, parent/guardian must provide additional supporting documentation for proof of residency.
See list of additional supporting documentation.
- HUD Papers; or
- Closing Statement for Residence.
TYpe 3 - The District may require more than one of the listed documentation below for verification of residency.
- Utility Bill listing residential address and billing address;
- Car Registration;
- Government benefit Document;
- Notarized Statement from Landlord;
- Payroll Stub; or
- Other documentation determined by the District to prove residency.
Other Documents Needed for Student Registration:
- Original birth certificate
- Immunization record from your child’s physician
- Report card from previous school (please note that High School registrants need a transcript of all HS credits from grade 8-12)
- Custody papers (if applicable)
- Copy of IEP or 504 plan (if applicable)
Parents are required to fill out the following forms for registration:
- New student registration form
- Home Language questionnaire
- Records request form
- Health appraisal form and dental form will be provided and must be completed by a New York State physician.
For questions on registration, please call the Central Registrar at 209-6325.
Visits to the school may be arranged once the registration process has been completed. Any building specific forms will be given to parents by the building secretaries upon their first visit.
CHANGE OF ADDRESS
If you are a current resident of the district and have moved within the district please contact the Central Registrar as soon as possible at 209-6325 to update your information.
Documentation required for change of address in the District is the same as outlined above.
Here is a link to the NYS DMV for change of address on drivers license. NYS law requires you update your drivers license address within ten days of the change of your legal address. LINK TO DMV - https://www.ny.gov/services/update-my-address
Change in Residency within School District Boundaries
Any properly enrolled student whose legal residence changes must notify the district immediately. If the change of residence is located within the district but in the attendance zone of a different elementary school of attendance and the student is a K-5 student, the student must attend the elementary school in which they reside. If the change of residency occurs after the beginning of the school year but within the first semester the student may request to begin the year at the elementary school of future attendance. If the change of residence is within 60 calendar days or less before the end of the school year, the student may request to complete their attendance at the previous elementary school at the discretion of the Superintendent.
Nonpublic School Special Education Services
New York State Education Law 3602-c states that if a parent, guardian or legal custodian of a student with a disability wishes to have his or her child receive special education programs and services while enrolled in the nonpublic school, that parent or guardian or legal custodian must file a written request for special education services with the school district of residence on or before June 1 preceding the school year for which such services are requested.
If You Are Concerned Your Child May Have a Learning Disability or Needs Special Education
If you are concerned your child may have a learning disability or needs special education, please visit these electronic resources for additional information:
For a parents guide to Special Education in NY please visit - www.p12.nysed.gov/specialed/publications/policy/parentguide.htm
For technical assistance please visit - www.p12.nysed.gov/specialed/techassist/parentcenters.htm
If you have any questions, please contact the Director of Special Education at (209-6248).