In this unit, students explore electricity and electronics, the foundation for much of the technology in our world.
In the first activity, students use Snap Circuit electronic training kits.
The circuits allow students to quickly, easily and safely build a variety of circuits. Students learn about and experiment with concepts such as:
conductors and insulators
voltage,current and resistance
series and parallel circuits
how various components function in a circuit
In the second activity, each student will make their own L.E.D. flashlight.
To make the circuit, students:
1. Fabricate a circuit board.
2. Follow a schematic diagram to assemble the circuit.
3. Solder the circuit components to the circuit board.
4. Use a multimeter to perform voltage, resistance and continuity tests.
5. Troubleshoot and repair any circuit problems.
6. Manufacture a protective housing for the circuit from a recycled container.