What I need to know when I attend an OPHS Dance
The rules and procedures below have come about as a result of many years of hosting semi-formal dances. As advisers, administrators, and staff, we take pride in the fact that the rules below will ensure not only a safe environment, but an enjoyable and positive experience for all students who attend our dances. The rules/guidelines below are absolute as no exceptions will be made at the time of the dance.
Getting Into the Dance
- Doors open at 7:00 p.m.
- Students WILL NOT be allowed into the dance after 8:30 p.m.
- You must enter through the Freeman doors or the Baker doors, depending upon which ticket you purchased. The will be NO EXCEPTIONS.
- You must be dressed appropriately as described below.
- Everyone must have a current OPHS ID upon entering.
- Your ID is your ticket, no ticket needed.
- Please do not purchase more than one ticket per student.
NO ID = NO ENTRANCE TO THE DANCE! NO EXCEPTIONS
Dance attire is SEMI-FORMAL:
- Gentlemen must wear a shirt, tie, and dress pants with leather style shoes. A jacket is nice but not necessary. Gentleman wearing jeans and/or sneakers, including canvas style (ie. Sperrys, black Vans or Converse) will not be allowed into the dance.
- Ladies should wear dresses or dressy pant outfits that are festive in a youthful way, and/or a way that is tasteful and appropriate for a school function. Attire that is too revealing or too sophisticated is considered inappropriate for a high school event.
Appropriate Dress—NO EXCEPTIONS!
LIMOS & TRANSPORTATION
Many of you may choose a limousine as your mode of transportation for the evening. Though limos are acceptable, they are neither required nor encouraged. Please be sure they pick you up on the Freeman Side. Also:
- Your driver or parent must pick you up at 10:30 p.m. sharp.
- Be certain that someone in your group has a cell phone so that you can get in touch with your driver, parent, or other person driving you.
All Orchard Park High School rules as outlined in the Orchard Park High School 2019-2020 Student Agenda and Handbook apply to the Homecoming Dance.