Our current topics of interest:
Why must we read 20 minutes EVERY night?
ELA: Reading and Writing:
* We will begin our year off with establishing the routines of Readers' and Writers' Workshop.
•Students will interview a partner and create a "Celebrity Profile" to help us get to know each other. Digital Photos will be used in a google slide presentation. Please send along digital photos to me at email@example.com.
* Students will read several biographies in the beginning of the school year.
* As a class we will be reading Flying Solo by Ralph Fletcher. A great book to identify character traits and create a story map.
* As a read-aloud we will read Home of the Brave and relate it to our close reading of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
• Celebrity Profile
• Seed - Personal Narrative
Social Studies: Students will begin the year learning about landforms and how geography can affect people. We will spend time getting to know the regions of the United States.
Science: Our first unit of study is Ecosystems.
Math: Module 1: Understanding Place Value and number sense.