Thank you for your interest in the Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) program through the Orchard Park Central School District. Registration for the 2023-2024 UPK school year is available at this time. If more children apply than available UPK slots, the district will hold a computerized random selection process (i.e. drawing names randomly in a lottery format).
All students who are completely registered for the UPK program by March 3, 2023 will be eligible to participate in the lottery.
This lottery will assign UPK placements to students based on preferred site choices.
The results of the lottery will be posted on the parent portal sometime in mid-March. If you complete registration after March 3, 2023 and there are no UPK placements available after the lottery is completed, you will be placed on the waiting list for a UPK placement should one become available in the future.
Registration for UPK is completed online. Proof of Residency is required, please see the "Documentation Needed to Register" page for ALL of the specific documents needed.
To begin the registration process, please click the link below.
- Click here to begin the online registration process.
- We will contact you via email with further directions on how to proceed.
Central Registrar email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Central Registrar Address:
Orchard Park Central School District
2240 Southwestern Blvd.
West Seneca, NY 14224
- The UPK program is limited to children who will be four years old on or by December 1st of the year when they start the program. To qualify for UPK during the 2023-2024 school year, the child's birthday must fall between December 2, 2018 and December 1, 2019. A child who is age-eligible to attend kindergarten is NOT eligible for the UPK program. If you have elected to keep your child home for an extra year rather than enroll in school when eligible, he/she is not eligible for the UPK program. Unfortunately, exceptions can not be made.
- The Orchard Park Central School District partners with local pre-school providers for this program. Potential UPK sites for the 2023-2024 school year are as follows: EduKids, Eggert Elementary, Ellicott Elementary, South Davis Elementary, Southtowns YMCA and Windom Elementary. Site locations have yet to be finalized for the 2023-2024 school year.
- In the Fall of 2022, UPK classes were held on-site at the four elementary schools in our district: Eggert Elementary, Ellicott Elementary, South Davis Elementary and Windom Elementary, in addition to EduKids and Southtowns YMCA. The UPK program offered both half-day and full-day placements.
- This year we offered half-day AM and PM programs for 2.5 hours a day, Monday - Friday. Currently, the half-day programs are from 8:30 am - 11:00 am or 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm. The full-day UPK programs are offered 5.5 hours a day, Monday - Friday. Full day programs typically run from 8:30 am - 2:00 pm. Exact times have yet to be finalized for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Some local pre-school providers may offer before/after school childcare for an additional fee. Registering for the UPK program does not guarantee you wrap around care. You have to register with the wrap care provider once you have obtained a UPK placement.
- The program will follow the school district calendar, with an anticipated 180 days of student attendance.
- There is limited availability for the program based on grant-funding. During the 2022-2023 school year, there were approximately 214 slots available for children. If more children apply than there are available slots, the district will hold a computerized random selection process (i.e. drawing names randomly in a lottery format).
- Families of multiples will have one application per family for the Orchard Park UPK program. If a family of multiples is drawn during the lottery, all children will be offered a UPK slot, except in the following case: The family of multiples is drawn when there are not enough remaining slots available for all eligible children. In such situations, the family will have the opportunity to accept or decline the UPK slot. The remaining multiple(s) will be placed on the wait list for the next available UPK slot. It is understood that "first available" does not mean that multiples will be offered UPK slots at the same site.
Should you have any questions, please call Amy Woodward at (716) 209-6440 or email email@example.com. Also, please feel click here to review our Frequently Asked Questions.