Thank you for your interest in the Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) program through the Orchard Park Central School District. Registration for the 2022-2023 UPK school year opened on December 1, 2021. On March 10, 2022, a random computerized lottery was run to assign UPK placements to students. You are still able to register after this date and be placed on a waiting list for a placement should one become available. As of September 30th, there are 18 people on the waiting list for a full-time placement. Currently, there is availability if you are interested in a half day placement.
Registration for UPK is completed online. Proof of Residency is required, please see the "Documentation Needed to Register" page for ALL of the specific documents needed.
To begin the registration process, please click the link below.
- Click here to begin the online registration process.
- We will contact you via email with further directions on how to proceed.
Central Registrar email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Central Registrar Address:
Orchard Park Central School District
2240 Southwestern Blvd.
West Seneca, NY 14224
- The UPK program is limited to children who will be four years old on or by December 1st of the year they start the program. To qualify for UPK during the 2022-2023 school year the child's birthday must fall between December 2, 2017 and December 1, 2018. A child who is age-eligible to attend kindergarten is NOT eligible for the UPK program. If you have elected to keep your child home for an extra year rather than enroll in school when eligible, he/she is not eligible for the UPK program.
- The Orchard Park Central School District partners with local pre-school providers for this program. UPK sites for 2022-2023 school year are as follows: EduKids, Eggert Elementary, Ellicott Elementary, South Davis Elementary, Southtowns YMCA and Windom Elementary.
- In the Fall of 2021, we held UPK classes on-site at the four elementary schools in our district: Eggert Elementary, Ellicott Elementary, South Davis Elementary and Windom Elementary in addition to EduKids and Southtowns YMCA. The UPK program offered both half day and full day placements. We anticipate this change being beneficial to providing transitional support to children through increased Kindergarten readiness activities and collaboration with Kindergarten teachers. Further, we anticipate increased collaboration with specialists to support our youngest learners with early interventions, such as occupational/physical therapists and speech therapists.
- This year we offered half-day AM and PM programs (2.5 hours a day, Monday - Friday) and full day programs (5.5 hours a day, Monday - Friday).
- Some local pre-school providers may offer wrap around childcare for an additional fee.
- The program will follow the school district calendar, with an anticipated 180 days of student attendance.
- There is limited availability for the program based on grant-funding. During the 2021-2022 school year, there were over 160 slots available for children. If more children apply than there are available slots, the district will hold a computerized random selection process (i.e. drawing names randomly in a lottery format).
- Families of multiples will have one application per family for the Orchard Park UPK program. If the family of multiples is drawn during the lottery, all children will be offered a UPK slot, except in the following case: The family of multiples is drawn when there are not enough remaining slots available for all eligible children. In such situations, the family will have the opportunity to accept or decline the UPK slot. The remaining multiple(s) will be placed on the wait list for the next available UPK slot. It is understood that "first available" does not mean that multiples will be offered UPK slots at the same site.
Should you have any questions, please call Amy Woodward at (716) 209-6440 or email email@example.com. Also, please feel click here to review our Frequently Asked Questions.