Student Exam Schedules
- Students will be given their printed exam schedule in homeroom the week of January 4, 2019.
- Conflicts will be listed on the schedule. Students with conflicts should see Ms. Piscitelli in House 2 for specifics on time and place of exams.
- If two local exams conflict, students will go to the conflict room for both exams.
Buses to school for exams:
- Students taking a morning exam should come in on the regular bus run. This run will pick up students at the same time as the regular run during the school year.
- Transportation is available for students who do not have a 7:30 a.m. exam.
- 10:00 AM exam students will be picked up between 9:15 and 9:45
- 12:30 PM exam students will be picked up between 11:15-12:00
- Students must sign up for this transportation to school on the yellow forms in their homeroom by January 9, 2019.
*Transportation will create a bus schedule with more specific times and distribute the week before exams.
If changes need to be made after January 9, 2019, students should contact the transportation office at 209-6238.
If a student signed up for transportation for a 10:00 AM or a 12:30 PM exam and no longer needs it, please contact the transportation office at 209-6238.
- Students must either leave the building after being dismissed from their exams or wait in the P.E. or Baker foyer for buses. The indoor/outdoor monitors will supervise waiting students. No students should be unsupervised at any time.
- Buses will depart from the Freeman Road lot at 9:50 AM, 12:20 PM, 2:10 PM, and 3:15 PM
Students do not have to sign up in advance for any of these buses.
January Exam Attendance
Based upon our District's education and community needs, values and priorities, the School District has determined that absences, tardiness and early departures will be considered excused or unexcused according to the following standards.
a) Excused: An absence, tardiness or early departure may be excused if due to personal illness, illness or death in the family, impassable roads due to inclement weather, religious observance, quarantine, required court appearances, attendance at health clinics, military obligations or other such reasons as may be approved by the Board of Education.
b) Unexcused: An absence, tardiness or early departure is considered unexcused if the reason for the lack of attendance does not fall into the above categories (e.g., family vacation, hunting, babysitting, haircut, obtaining learner's permit, road test, oversleeping, child's attendance at parental workplace).
If an absense should occur, the parents should contact the student's House Office immediately.
If a student misses a Regents examination, he or she will need to contact their school counselor.