Thank you for your interest in the Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) program through the Orchard Park Central School District.
Although the UPK Lottery was held March 13, you are welcome to register and will be placed on the waiting list.
- Click here to begin the online registration process.
- We will contact you with further directions on how to proceed.
If you have questions about the UPK program please contact: Amy Woodward at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration for UPK is completed online and by appointment only.
The online registration portal is open for the 2020-21 school year.
Central Registrar email: email@example.com
Central Registrar Address:
Orchard Park Central School District
2240 Southwestern Blvd.
West Seneca, NY 14224
- The UPK program is limited to children who will be four years old by December 1st of the year they start the program
- The Orchard Park Central School District partners with local pre-school providers for this program. Previous UPK partnerships have been: EduKids, YMCA, and Wee Can Preschool.
- In the fall of 2019, we launched UPK classes on-site at Eggert Road Elementary School. One morning class and one afternoon class of up to 18 students were offered at Eggert Elementary, allowing us to serve 36 children in all. These classes are 2.5 hours in length from either 9-11:30 AM or 12:45-3:15 PM, respectively. We anticipate this change being beneficial to providing transitional support to children through increased Kindergarten readiness activities and collaboration with Kindergarten teachers. Further, we anticipate increased collaboration with specialists to support our youngest learners with early interventions, such as occupational/physical therapists and speech therapists.
- The program is a half-day program (2.5 hours daily). Children will be selected to participate in either an AM or PM session.
- Some sites may offer wrap around childcare for an additional fee.
- The program will follow the school district calendar, with an anticipated 180 days of student attendance.
- There is limited availability for the program based on grant-funding. During the 19-20 school year, there were 100 slots available for children. If more children apply than there are available slots, the district will hold a computerized random selection process (i.e. drawing names randomly in a lottery format).
- Families of multiples will have one application per family for the Orchard Park UPK program. If the family of multiples is drawn during the lottery, all children will be offered a UPK slot, except in the following case: The family of multiples is drawn when there are not enough remaining slots available for all eligible children (for example a family with twins is the 100th name drawn in the lottery). In such situations, the family will have the opportunity to accept or decline the UPK slot. The remaining multiple(s) will be placed on the wait list for the next available UPK slot. It is understood that "first available" does not mean that multiples will be offered UPK slots at the same community based site.
Should you have any questions, please call (716) 209-6367. Also, please feel click here to review our Frequently Asked Questions.