My Home Page
Welcome to Mrs Nolan's webpage!
We need tissues!
Donations are appreciated :-)
Use the links to access homework and resources for that class!
The Parent Portal is a powerful tool to improve communication between parents and their children.
If you have a question about a grade, you agree to follow these steps:
1. Discuss the assignment with your child.
2. If there is still a question, empower your child to speak to the teacher. Please allow this step to happen prior to any parental contact.
Grades are updated as time allows, therefore the portal may not be a fully accurate reflection of your child's work to date
A note about teacher/base webpages:
- Teacher webpages are intended to be a backup to the District-purchased student agenda. Please check your child's student agenda for assignments, as the base webpage may not be accurate or up-to-date.
- The only place that is certain to list assignments 100% accurately is in each teacher's classroom.
- OPMS is open until about 9 PM daily, and a custodian/cleaner can open a classroom to allow a student/parent to check assignments, if a student does not have, or is not updating, their student agenda.
In an effort to improve timely communication with parents, the Orchard Park Central School District has changed to a new notification system. You will need to review your phone and email preferences in the Parent Portal and modify them to fit your contact needs. Helpful instructions are linked below:
Click the link below for more information on setting up your Parent Portal account
Other Helpful websites:
http://agelesslearner.com/assess/learningstyle.html Learning styles refer to the ways you prefer to approach new information. Each of us learns and processes information in our own special ways, though we share some learning patterns, preferences, and approaches. Knowing your own style also can help you to realize that other people may approach the same situation in a different way from your own.
http://www.lexile.com/fab/ Not sure what your lexile reading score is? Try here!
http://www.tnpc.com/ Many articles related to adolescent issues and parenting
http://pbskids.org/itsmylife/school/middleschool/index.html This site has great information about the middle school years: