Student AUP & Chromebook Expectations
Refer to Policy 7315 Student Use of Computerized Information Resources (Acceptable Use Policy) which attached below.
Refer to Policy #8271 -- Internet Safety/ Internet Content Filtering Policy which is attached below.Student Expectations for 1 to 1 Chromebook Use:
- Students will receive their Chromebook during the first weeks of the school year. Expectations are outlined in the Chromebook Guidelines document below. Here is a summary list of Student Expectations:
- I will take good care of my Chromebook and know that I will be issued the same Chromebook each year.
- I will install the District issued Chromebook cover on my device and leave it on the Chromebook at all times
- I will never leave my Chromebook unattended in an unsecured or unsupervised location.
- I will never loan out my Chromebook to other individuals.
- I will know where my Chromebook is at all times.
- I will charge my Chromebook's battery to full capacity each night.
- I will keep food and beverages away from my Chromebook since they may cause damage to the device.
- I will not disassemble any part of my Chromebook or attempt any repairs.
- I will protect my Chromebook by always carrying it in a secure manner to avoid damage.
- I will not leave my Chromebook in a vehicle as the heat and cold can damage and/or ruin the device.
- I will use my Chromebook in ways that are appropriate for education.
- I will not place decorations (stickers, markers, writing, etc.) on the Chromebook.
- I understand that the Chromebook I am issued is subject to inspection at any time without notice and remains the -property of the Orchard Park Central School District.
- will follow the policies outlined in the Chromebook Policy Handbook and the District Acceptable Use Policy while at school as well as outside the school day.
- I will file a police report in case of theft or damage caused by fire.
- I will be responsible for all damage or loss caused by neglect or abuse.
- I agree to pay the full replacement cost of my Chromebook, power cord/charger, in the event that any of these items are lost or intentionally damaged.
- I agree to return the Chromebook, power cord/charger in good working condition at the end of each school year.