Orchard Park Central Schools 1 to 1 Chromebook Initiative2020-2021Chromebook Insurance Information For Parents:Orchard Park Central School District has partnered with Worth Ave. Group to offer an affordable insurance program for school-issued student devices for the 2020-21 school year. The insurance is optional, however, it is highly recommended. This is our fourth year working with Worth Ave. Group and they have provided a high level of affordable service that is coordinated through the district so that families do not have to be involved in handling claims for damaged devices covered by the insurance.As outlined in Board Policy 8340, a Chromebook or any of the associated accessories that are lost, negligently cared for, or intentionally damaged is the responsibility of the student and parent involved in the loss of property (up to the device value of $290). Worth Ave. Group policy provides replacement cost coverage and protects the Chromebook against accidental damage (drops/spills), vandalism, theft, fire, flood, natural disasters and power surges due to lightning strikes.The pricing for the 2020-2021 school year is:
- $29.00 for students in Grades 3-12 (these students take their Chromebooks home).
In situations where insurance has not been purchased for a Chromebook that is damaged or lost, students will be given a loaner device for use at school until the replacement, or repair cost of the lost/damaged device or accessory is paid to the school.
Insurance with Worth Ave. Group* will protect the Chromebook against:
- Accidental damage (includes drops, cracked screens, liquid spills)
- Theft, burglary, and robbery (with a police report)
- Fire, flood, power surge and natural disaster
The insurance policy does not cover the following situations:
- When a student has lost their Chromebook and/or its’ accessories,
- Damage caused by intentional misuse or abuse, or cosmetic damage.
Purchase Chromebook Insurance
Parents who wish to take advantage of this opportunity can sign up by completing the following form:
1. Complete the Chromebook Insurance Form
2. Make a check payable to WORTH AVE GROUP
3. Mail the check to: Orchard Park High School, attention Charmaine Cwick, 4040 Baker Road Orchard Park, NY 14127
If you need assistance with this process please call the Technology Office at 716-209-6330 and we will help you over the phone.If you have additional questions about Chromebooks, please visit the Chromebook FAQ page.