My Home Page
Welcome to Mrs. Chadwell's
school social work page!Windom Elementary SchoolSocial Work Office - 209.6351Main Office - 209.6279Office Hours - Monday through Friday 8:00-3:30
What does a school social worker do?
A school social worker works with faculty and families to assist students who are experiencing difficulties academically, emotionally and socially. The school social worker serves as an advocate, a liaison, coordinator, case manager and consultant for students, parents, school staff and community agency personnel.
Other services a school social worker is involved in within the school are:
* Conduct assessments of students needs
* Provide individual, group and family counseling
* Provide crisis intervention services
* Provide referrals to community agencies
* Facilitate communication between teachers, families, students and the community
* Implement appropriate programs to take preventative measures for the at-risk identified populations
All students meet with me in a private, safe and confidential setting. Of course, there are times when I may have to break confidentiality but that would be discussed at that time.
I look forward to working with you and your family during the school year!