Orchard Park Central Schools 1 to 1 Chromebook Initiative2018-2019Chromebook Insurance Information For Parents:As outlined in Board Policy 8340, a Chromebook or any of the associated accessories that are lost, negligently cared for, or intentionally damaged is the responsibility of the student and parent involved in the loss of property1. The District has secured an affordable insurance option that will cover the Chromebook your child will be using this year. The Worth Ave. Group policy provides replacement cost coverage and protects the Chromebook against accidental damage (drops/spills), vandalism, theft, fire, flood, natural disasters and power surges due to lightning strikes. The pricing for the 2017-18 school year is:
- $15.00 for students in Grades 6 and 7 (These students DO NOT take their Chromebooks home)
- $20.00 for students in Grades 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 (These students are able to take Chromebooks home)
In situations where insurance has not been purchased for a Chromebook that is damaged or lost, students will be given a loaner device for use at school until the replacement, or repair cost of the lost/damaged device or accessory is paid to the school.
Buying insurance for the Chromebooks is optional, but strongly encouraged. Parents who wish to take advantage of this opportunity will sign up directly with Worth Ave. Group through their web portal located at: https://www.worthavegroup.com/gpo/opschools
If you have additional questions or concerns, please visit the Chromebook FAQ page, contact your student’s building principal or Deby Eppolito, Technology Directory, at 209-6319.
A copy of the Parent Chromebook Insurance Signature Page below should be completed online in the PowerSchool portal, OR a printed copy of the form should be returned to school by September 28, 2018.
THE INSURANCE SIGN-OFF FORM CAN BE COMPLETED ON-LINE BY GOING TO THE POWERSCHOOL PARENT PORTAL - https://www.powerschool.opschools.org
IF THE FORM DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY APPEAR - CLICK ON THE FORMS LINK. Alternately, you can print off a copy of the form and students can return the completed form to their homeroom teacher by September 28, 2018. See below for a printable copy of the form.Student Expectations:
- Students will receive their Chromebook during the first weeks of the school year. Expectations are outlined in the Chromebook Guidelines document below. Here is a summary list of Student Expectations:
- I will take good care of my Chromebook and know that I will be issued the same Chromebook each year.
- I will install the District issued Chromebook cover on my device and leave it on the Chromebook at all times
- I will never leave my Chromebook unattended in an unsecured or unsupervised location.
- I will never loan out my Chromebook to other individuals.
- I will know where my Chromebook is at all times.
- I will charge my Chromebook's battery to full capacity each night.
- I will keep food and beverages away from my Chromebook since they may cause damage to the device.
- I will not disassemble any part of my Chromebook or attempt any repairs.
- I will protect my Chromebook by always carrying it in a secure manner to avoid damage.
- I will not leave my Chromebook in a vehicle as the heat and cold can damage and/or ruin the device.
- I will use my Chromebook in ways that are appropriate for education.
- I will not place decorations (stickers, markers, writing, etc.) on the Chromebook.
- I understand that the Chromebook I am issued is subject to inspection at any time without notice and remains the -property of the Orchard Park Central School District.
- will follow the policies outlined in the Chromebook Policy Handbook and the District Acceptable Use Policy while at school as well as outside the school day.
- I will file a police report in case of theft or damage caused by fire.
- I will be responsible for all damage or loss caused by neglect or abuse.
- I agree to pay the full replacement cost of my Chromebook, power cord/charger, in the event that any of these items are lost or intentionally damaged.
- I agree to return the Chromebook, power cord/charger in good working condition at the end of each school year.